Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Purpose for starting this blog.

Welcome to my new blog! I hope you enjoy it. If you do, please continue to read for (almost) daily updates. Or you can subscribe to a daily or weekly RSS feed or email by using the link on the right. And, please feel free to share with your friends and family if you think they might enjoy it, too. Lots of new things coming soon...Recipes, photos, and hopefully some humor, too.



I wanted to start this blog for a couple of reasons.



First, anyone who knows me at all knows that I am not a great communicator. Anyone who knows me a little better knows that I am the Queen of Procrastinators. Anyone who knows me well knows that I hate those things about myself. What nobody knows about me is that I have long inspired to be a writer. Not even me! (Actually, it's only been about 2 weeks, ever since I discovered blogging.) I've tried to keep diaries, but I lose interest after a couple of days and I've come to realize that it's because I use them to vent when I'm upset or angry. After it's over, there's not much left to write about and they are forgotten. Since we are happy most of the time lately, I've decided to just write about the humor of daily life and reach out to others who share my interests. I will write and show links about other bloggers I enjoy, photography, digital scrapbooking, gardening, genealogy, and more. Plus, it will be a way for me to keep in touch with family and friends who know I take too much time to respond to emails, or return phone calls...Yes, I know....Because I am the QOP!

Jennifer

No comments: