Monday, July 14, 2008

Another Monday

How was your weekend? Mine was busy, and alot of fun. On Saturday morning, my mom and I drove over to my friend Lea's in Cle Elum to play Bunco. I know, I know, drive 2 hours over the mountains to play Bunco?! Are we crazy?! We do this once a year, when Lea hosts. We have a regular group of 12 who play every month.


So, after the rousing game of dice was over and a great time was had by all, (Thanks, Lea!!), we put Mom to bed as she had suddenly been sidelined by what we believe to be was an inner ear infection, Lea, Bev, Connie, Kay, and I went to the 1st Annual "Rails to Ales" Brewfest (see if you can find Lea and Kay in a picture in their photo gallery) in South Cle Elum and sampled some area brews.

We quickly learned who the generous pourers were, who had the best beer, and who had the singular worst beer I have ever tasted. After standing around in the 90 + degree heat with no shade drinking beer for a while, we decided it was time to cool off a little bit and fill our stomachs with some food before continuing with the sampling of the suds, so we headed over to my friend Linda's parent's house, where they were holding their annual Pig Roast. We sat in the shade of the pines and had some of the best pork you will ever taste and a few bites of leftover salads. Most of the 150 or so guests had already left, so Linda got to sit down and relax and chat with us for while. I threw a few horseshoes with Kevin and Aubrey, then we said our goodbyes and returned to the Brewfest for more sampling and live music. We ended up staying the night, then headed home about 11am on Sunday. Mom felt better by the time we got to my house, and was able to drive herself home. Jeff was out on the boat with our friends Rod & Wendy, so I drove out to the lake and met them. Before I left the house, I debated on whether I should bring my camera or not, thinking I may be able to get a good shot of Mt. Rainier. I decided against it, and I'm still kicking myself this morning over that. We had been out about 30 minutes when we saw a bald eagle approaching. Eagles are a common sight on Clear Lake, but this was an exception that would have caught the Shot-of-a-Lifetime, IF I HAD BROUGHT MY CAMERA!!! This gorgeous bird flew right over our boat, circled 2 or 3 times, then dove towards the water and came up with a small trout. It then flew right past our boat, low and right along the shoreline in front of us, carrying its prize back to its nest. I am so in awe of these incredibly beautiful animals, and I'm constantly trying to get a good shot, to no avail. This would have been IT. Damn, why didn't I bring my camera???
I want to hear how you spent your weekend....leave a comment by clicking on the link below and let me know! Thanks!

No comments: