Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm baaaack, part deux

Okay, I know, I have been totally negligent in posting...but I vow to be better - I do! Really!
School has started...Captain Smartypants is now a senior in high school! When did that happen?! Yesterday, we ordered his cap & gown (gasp!) and invitations (aargh!) for graduation. Next week, we have a college interview. I just can't believe that my little baby is graduating and going off to college in less than a year...where does the time go?
The Large Child is playing Varsity football at his junior high - one of only two eighth graders on the team. Go Cougs! They are undefeated in league play so far, their cumulative points are something like 79-6. We hope they continue their winning streak and are league champs.
My foray into chicken farming is going pretty well. Since I got the first 8 chicks, I've also acquired 4 older chickens, 3 hens and 1 rooster. Two of the hens lay regularly, the other isn't laying at all and is destined for that soup pot in the sky. Then, I got 4 more - purebred Welsummers. They lay a very dark brown egg. These guys (3 hens and a rooster) are about 4months old and I'm hoping for eggs soon. They start laying later than most breeds, so we'll see. I am enjoying the fresh eggs, though. I can't wait for more!!
My photography is going well - I did a Senior portrait shoot with my photography meetup group and C.S. picked one that I took to go in the school yearbook. We got copies of all the photos we liked, and he got his Senior Portraits for free!! It only costs a few cents each to make more copies. Then, I did a pregnancy photo shoot with my friend's son and daughter-in-law. That was fun! I'll ask her if I can post some here. (I think they turned out really well!)
I'm reading 4 different how-to books on Photoshop CS2, I should have that figured out in 5 or 10 years. About the same time I figure out how to use my camera...
My DH was laid off again...after working only 3 1/2 months in the last year. Our renter moved out of our condo and the taxes are due at the end of the month. I pray daily that he gets re-hired and we find a new renter.
So, that's what's been happening here. I PROMISE I'll lost more often!!

No comments: